Saturday, April 3, 2010

Cat lovers - and a big surprise.

Today I talked to two of the three neighbors, and they are cat lovers, so all is well there. But as I was showing the pictures on my phone to one family, they said, regarding Buddy, "That's our cat!" I said, "Well, I took him to the vet to be neutered and have his shots and have his ears cleaned, because I had no idea he belonged to somebody." They were fine with that, but felt bad about the money and want to pay for part of it. I said it was completely up to them. But now I know where Buddy -- oh, they said his name is Lucky, but I'm going to keep calling him Buddy -- is at least part of the time when I don't see him for a few days at a time. They all said they hadn't seen the kittens yet, but I'm sure they will see them at some point.

It is getting warm, though, and in spite of the fan I put on the back porch the other day for them, the kittens have discovered how good the cool cement feels in the shade of the house in the afternoon.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad the neighborhood is so cat friendly:)

    And if Buddy was the other people's cat, they weren't very good owners if they never took him to the vet to get his ears cleaned or got him neutered. People are stupid.

    ReplyDelete